Joomla gallery extension by joomlashine.com
|Title||Ontology based context modeling for smart environments|
One of the key features characterizing the difference between an automated system and a smart environment is the ability of reasoning based on sematic information. With this feature, the system will be flexible in collecting and analyzing contextual information, then self-adapting and delivering relevant services to individual users based on their profile instead of following a fixed plan with predefined rules.
Figure 1. Example of ontology for smart environments
Implementation of the reasoning mechanism for smart environments has been attracting researches. Most of reasoning engines employ the semantic representation of ontology, with a number of available tools like RDFS, OWL, SKOS, etc. This can enable a large number of possible applications such as customization of services based on user preference, identification of user daily activities, etc.
- Deploy tools for using ontology
- Propose and implement an ontology for smart home
- Implement certain sample applications based on the developed ontology
- Good programming skill: C/C++, C#, Java – while Java is preferred
- Serious, responsible at work